View Single Post
Old 03-03-2012, 07:23 AM
Mike H.

As a collector, I can appreciate having a book intact. But from a business and benefit to the hobby perspective I would have sold one book in a major auction, then broke the other up and sold them as singles. This would accomplish two things:

1st It would maximize generation of cash. There is no way these would fail to bring $200-$500 each (more than 40 collectors would want these) and who knows what the book would bring.

2nd This way you would be putting really really rare and nice pieces in the hands of far more collectors.

Why should the one big spender get all the goods? It's like when you see all five spalding trophies sell in a lot. They NEVER bring close to what they would have sold for as singles, and now the collector who just wants to own one (and only has the resources to buy one) is left out. I love knowing that someone who really appreciates a piece has an opportunity to acquire it without breaking the bank.

One thing he should have done was leave ONE ticket in the book he broke up. That piece alone would go for significantly more than any single out of the book.

Last edited by mjkm90; 03-03-2012 at 07:29 AM.