View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 02:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
I agree with that Richard.
As for the tickets to me at least Alex (and I dont know him at all) in my opinion will end up making at least 22 possible people happy instead of one if he left the book intact. Remember there is still one complete book intact that we know of. And who is to say that if he did sell the book intact that the person who bought it wouldnt do the exact same thing that he is doing! In my opinion I dont think having them graded will make any difference in price being a 6 or an 8 or a 10. The tickets are what they are,and I really have no problem in what he did. Others may disagree but how mant times have we all seen great collections broken up! Leon as a type collector wouldnt you agree I would rather have one of the tickets than have to try and buy the whole book and maybe not get it at all. Just my thoughts.
Yes and no, Al. I guess since he has another whole book it's not so bad. However, that being said, I have had a lot of uncut pre-war strips, of which there are plenty more of,......and I know cutting them up and grading them I could have got more money for them, but I could just never do it. I don't know what it is but I just can't cut up these 50-125 yrs old pieces of history. Now, I have had a few really crappy looking scrapbooks with fairly valuable cards or stamps in them and those I have cut up. But the scrapbooks were really bad looking and rotting. They had no aesthetic or historical value. For those kinds of things I have no issue cutting them up, but for these whole, nice looking treasures, I just can't bring myself to do it.