View Single Post
Old 08-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Bumping for updates . . .

Did we ever find out how many books there are?

Tickets rarely show up in my searches on eBay but when I saw one this morning for $125 BIN I jumped on it. A great looking ticket, Dave Rowe (of OJ fame) was president of the club (printed on ticket), beautiful looking ticket, I pulled the trigger without hesitation.

I somehow missed this thread (or forgot about it), only found it after a quick search after I purchased the ticket. I'm sad to hear the previous owner cut up a book. They are great looking tickets, glad to add one to my collection even if I paid too much. I now wonder how many have already been sold into the hobby and how many remain.

Dan, I often think of you when I see Omaha items, did you end up getting a booklet? I know it is a bit outside your scope, but would really be at home in your collection.

More than anything, I'm just looking for an update on these neat tickets. Do we stand at ~20 free tickets and 3 books?
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers