View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM
Administrator

Default Congratulations to Red Sox Empire

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Funny thing. I read this thread for the first time last night after getting in from Washington D.C. over the weekend and really didn't pay it much attention. As I was reading it again, I got a call from my wife who was all excited about running into Don Orsillo at our local pizza joint. For those who aren't aware, Don broadcasts the Sox games on NESN along with Jerry Remy. My wife loves the Sox as much as I do, and there isn't a day or night when the game isn't on.

That being said, I wasn't really going to elaborate any deeper into some of the comments made in this thread, but hearing my wife's excitement made me change my mind. That's what this game is all about after all. It's not about bitching and moaning about everything about the game, or about every single thing about this hobby of ours either. I've come to recognize those on this board that I would love to share a beer in a sports bar with and those who are better off left alone to wallow in their self pitty.

Steve, great post. My sentiments exactly, although I might pick a different brew than Highlife

I was going to say something about the "no class" thing in New England, as one of the other immature posts that followed, but you know what? There's no reason to have to defend anything here.

Write all the negative crap you want. You're missing the point anyway.

Truth is the Boston Red Sox are a great and historic team. They've had their ups and downs, their highs and lows. People have followed them with a passion for over a hundred years. People follow teams for one reason or another. They placed momentos on loved one's gravesites in 2004. Some people don't get the reason why some of us follow a team over all of these years and they think it's ok to just crap on something because they feel something in their life is missing. How simply immature. I couldn't care less about salaries, high second market ticket prices and pink caps. There's more to it than that. Those that need an explaination to this won't get it anyway.

Great job Tribe and Colorado. You made the fall fun. That's what it's all about.

Now what the hell am I going to watch on tv for the next 5 months???

1903-2007 Thanks for the Ride