View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
It does? I'm asking straight-faced here, I haven't spent a ton of time researching it. All I know is that the '67 Seaver in the high numbers is an incredibly difficult (ahem, at least expensive) card to find in high grade - and one that for my own set I doubt I'll be getting even in mid-grade for quite some time. Quick look and I see a PSA 10 '67 Seaver that went for close to $25K back in 2012. The most recent PSA 9 '68 Ryan / Koosman #177 went for about $20K last week. Am I missing something? Comparable maybe, but not way out of line. Ryan is the more popular player, Seaver RC is easily I think the more difficult card. I'm not sure how comparable they are in mid-range graded.
A PSA 9 Ryan did sell for 20k. The last PSA 9 Seaver sold for less than 7k. So if you think 35% is comparable then it doesn't seem out of line. However, I really don't think that a card a card with a ~30% print run should be selling at 35%, it should be selling at 3 to 4 times. And that is if they are equal players, but Ryan is not as good as Seaver.

My brother and I collected in 1967-1968. Neither of us ever got a Seaver RC. He found 1 pack of 5 67 high numbers and I never had a 67 high number until I purchased the whole series for each of us from Card Collectors Co. I had 5 Ryan Rcs and he had 10. The Ryan RC is a very common card, the Seaver is a very difficult SP high number. So, yes it is a joke that Seaver isn't worth many times the Ryan.