View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 03:47 PM
Marc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Answer me this question - this was clearly an error that was corrected in between the Cycle run and the other backs. You agree that if it was found in the middle of the Cycle run it should count as an official variation, or if it was found after say the Cycle and Hassan runs it should also be counted - why is the fact that they found and corrected the error after only the Cycle run a reason not to count it?
I have yet to see anybody who claims that the Mathewson and White cards are not variations offer an answer to the above question that Matt posed. I have also not seen an answer to whether they consider the T206 Demmitt and O'Hara cards to be variations. I have ALSO not seen an answer to the question that I posed in the thread I started about the T205 Doc White regarding what cards in the T205 set they DO consider to be variations as the majority of the widely accepted variations in the set DO NOT feature both versions with the same advertising back. It seems to me that somebody who genuinely believes that these cards are not variations should be able to easily answer these questions and offer some logical reasoning for their answers. Anybody?

I also find it interesting that some of the people who claim that these are not variations, in their following posts, lament the fact that they will now have to collect them for their sets.