View Single Post
Old 11-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Default William Bustos, Whittier, CA - eBay: callofduty2005 AVOID AVOID AVOID

Posted By: T206Collector

I piggyback what you said, without the sarcastic/friendly smiley faces. For every trimmed card PSA misses I am certain there are an equal number of untrimmed cards that PSA mislabels. If you're making errors in one direction, it's because you don't understand what to look for -- this means you will make the same errors in the other direction. Most of the time, I believe SGC will catch those mistakes in both directions.

Ultimately we all know the grading companies all make mistakes, and you can say what you will about PSA volume versus SGC volume, but I have never -- really, never -- had an issue with an inconsistent grade by SGC -- I currently own 300 T206 cards graded by SGC from "A" to "80" and I can honestly explain why each card graded the way it did. When I had my 40 PSA graded T206 cards, that was an impossible endeavor -- 5's and 6's with creases, and 3's and 4's without creases, were the hardest to explain away. And when I sent them all into SGC for crossover, SGC couldn't explain it either, agreeing with me that PSA had incorrectly graded at least 25% of my submission.