View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benjulmag View Post
Being more a memorabilia collector than a card collector, I lack the expertise of many in assessing what recent auction results can tell us about market conditions.

So I'm curious as to what thoughts people have as to the prices realized from last night's Heritage auction of the second part of David Hall's collection. There were many high grade cards, and IMO the trimming done on many of them was so blatant when examined under the high magnification Heritage's website allows that it enraged me the fraud that is taking place. And if the trimming was not enough, the red flags given by the appearance of some of the cards should have given pause to even the most inexperienced graders. (e.g., https://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/1...ription-071515 -- side borders show clear unevenness along with cardboard shavings.)
I generally agree. I collect the Red Sox cards. The Speaker card was very nice looking. I didn't see anything not to like about that card. But several of the others looked short or overgraded (Cicotte and Kleinow in particular).