View Single Post
Old 12-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Administrator

Default ESPN & THE MITCHELL STEROIDS REPORT

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Howard, there could be some doubt, but I won't concede it's reasonable. These were apparently often visiting players who come into town what, anywhere from three to ten days a year? They have plenty of food in the clubhouse, and although I suppose there could be some favors requested here and there, I have trouble believing them as being the subject of check transactions. It's been way too many years, but when I once saw the old Yankees roll into Minnesota and hang out, wads o' cash were being flashed for payment around the hotel and watering hole. It also seems with the proliferation of ATMS, cash is more readily available than ever. I just have difficulty believing these players are taking the time to write checks for every little favor or even for a bunch of them over time. That's why I say if the pricing for the roids at all matches up to the amounts shown on these checks, somebody's got a lot of 'splainin to do, and while it may not be proof positive, it is certainly relavant and likely probative.