View Single Post
Old 12-15-2011, 07:24 AM
B.ob L.amb

I do not understand how he can be losing money on dealer fees and still be in business. He is charging almost 2x more than CSA for the same amount of space. To me it says that he is paying too much for the venue where he holding the show and needs to find a different place to hold the show that is more dealer friendly(collector friendly too for that matter)as well as more friendly to his bottom line. As far as protecting his "loyal dealers" if these dealers were having great shows and making lots of money with him they would not have sought out or felt the need to find another show to sell their wares. Even with the downturn in the economy there are still a lot of collector who would gladly come to these shows and spend money if dealers had their stuff clearly priced and priced at a reasonable amount. Many dealers are getting frustrated with EBay and their fees and collectors are tired of getting ripped off on EBay.I believe that shows have an oppurtunity to make a comeback because of this. I think that the Philadelphia area is big enough for both promoters but they need to work together to spread their schedules out so they are not so close together,it could work for both of them and be great for collectors. Also the autograph guests is a necessary evil these days I understand. The Philly show generally has Molly bring in her roster of Phillies,Eagles and Sixers players with a few other scattered in. Marco has a wide variety of Hall of Famers from various sports as well as local star players that appeal to the Philly collecter base. Dealers are an independent breed who do not want to be told where and for who they can set up with, David should realize this.