View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 05:10 PM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
For guys our age, the 89 UD Griffey was Pinnacle of collecting. I once traded one of the two I owned for a 1990 Leaf Frank Thomas. Still own the very Griffey and Thomas cards. Your Griffeys are awesome.
Now that we are older and have a few bucks, it is cool to buy the stuff we lusted after as kids. I bought myself a complete collection of first series garbage pail kids a few years back. Also bought a few unopened packs and ripped them open. I started collecting at second series and despite having my grandmother drive me through all of Miami searching for a first series pack, I never found one. No ebay or Amazon to help me then. Almost 30 years later, I finally opened a first series pack. And the thought of owning an 86 Donruss Canseco has crossed my mind on a few occasions, as that card was untouchable ($100 on Beckett) back in the day.
Oh man, you have to get an 86 Donruss Canseco and a Bill Ripken FF...They were amongst the first things I purchased when I got back in. It was like finally scratching a 25+ year-old itch.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Last edited by KingFisk; 02-20-2017 at 05:11 PM.