View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 09:14 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greco827 View Post
Many people have posted about an Old Mill Brown which is just faded black, and some are definitely harder to tell than others, especially without having a legitimate brown to compare to. Anyway, this got me thinking ...

Is it possible, or has anyone come across, any older PSA graded Old Mill SL cards are brown? I ask because initially, they were all marked as T206. Then they added Old Mill to the label, but made no distinction between the Old Mill BBS and Old Mill (SL), and only later added the (SL) distinction to the label for southern leaguers. Seems like it would be possible that there may be a few gems out there which aren't mislabeled per se, but simply "under-labeled". Has anyone ever come across any of these or know of any stories where this has occurred? I suppose Lenox would also be possible, just so much less likely.
My memory is not what it once was but I think a board member came across one on ebay under the exact circumstances you mention a few years ago. "Brown Old Mill" search came up with 500 threads - too many for me to search through.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty

Last edited by brob28; 12-05-2017 at 09:17 AM.