View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Default BIN- Buy It Now or Buy It Never?

Posted By: George L

Barry, I agree 1000% with your comments and actually started a thread a few weeks ago about people buying on ebay and listing the same card a week later for 3 to 5 times what they just purchased it for, I think is was titled..reselling on ebay so quickly...I basically got hammered with responses by many board members that "its a free country, who cares, they can do what they want" But when Mr. Sloate, a man I respect on this board greatly, repeats my pet peave and posts about the misdirected mindset of a buyer purchasing a card, and then listing it at double or in barry's example 150% mark up, it is a great post. I was referring to not only listing it so quickly but at triple what you just bought it for..as if saying, your an idiot, I am not, so let me show you. Just found it funny that Barry posted something and no on mentioned anything but i got mostly no support from any members when I started a thread. Interesting.

Re: BIN- Buy It Now or Buy It Never? January 24 2009, 6:06 PM

There is this misdirected mindset that as soon as someone purchases a card, it must be worth far in excess of that amount. It's as if he is the only one with the keen insight to notice this great deal. So if he buys it for $100, no question it must be worth $250. And of course it rarely is.