View Single Post
Old 03-11-2015, 07:33 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I think you can just fill out the online webform on the USPS site instead of calling them. If you call them, you are on hold forever as you have shown, and I also have had the same experience. I filled out a web form for a package that I sent that has gone about a week w/ no tracking updates. According to the webform, you will receive a call back within 3 business days. However, I got a call back in about 2 hours, so it's pretty speedy. Unfortunately, no news on the package. The Post Master did say that he has received 6 complaints for packages that have left California going to Raleigh, NC, which have dropped off the tracking map, so he's monitoring it closely. It's a first class package with tracking. Weird thing is that the buyer purchased a card from me, and I sent it, and it's this one that's basically disappeared. Then a couple of days later, he bought another one, and I sent that card also to the same address, and that package that was sent later has already arrived a couple of days ago.

My guess is that the package should have been sent first class using air, but was instead dumped into a parcel post bin by accident, so it is going the very slow way over ground.