View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Contact ebay first, then PayPal, then credit card, then PSA (it appears a PSA 4) is where the word "crease" is first mentioned. I might consider taking it up with them. I am not as much as others here for blaming the seller - a relevant question is did the seller know the crease was there. At worst the seller hid the crease in the photo - which is not okay. Most people as you did also rely on a PSA 6 to have certain qualities - a crease NOT being one of them. Most sellers (myself included) do not accept returns on graded cards. All of that said and with the grading guidelines from the PSA website below - I first and foremost see this as PSA responsibility for misgrading the card. Perhaps someone here with experience contacting PSA for this sort of thing could chime in.

From PSA website:
EX-MT 6
Excellent-Mint
A PSA EX-MT 6 card may have visible surface wear or a printing defect which does not detract from its overall appeal. A very light scratch may be detected only upon close inspection. Corners may have slightly graduated fraying. Picture focus may be slightly out-of-register. Card may show some loss of original gloss, may have minor wax stain on reverse, may exhibit very slight notching on edges and may also show some off-whiteness on borders. Centering must be 80/20 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the reverse.

VG-EX 4
Very Good-Excellent
A PSA VG-EX 4 card's corners may be slightly rounded. Surface wear is noticeable but modest. The card may have light scuffing or light scratches. Some original gloss will be retained. Borders may be slightly off-white. A light crease may be visible. Centering must be 85/15 or better on the front and 90/10 or better on the back.
The crease was most likely not there when PSA graded the card. That is a pretty big thing to miss. The most reasonable explanation is the crease was "spooned" out by the submitter and reappeared after it was slabbed. The seller is now trying to stick the OP with a damaged card.