View Single Post
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for the kind words Jimi. Besides the few polls we have taken to get members thoughts, the main and overriding thing I like at to make the decision to subdivide, is the activity and number of threads in each area. That is what I have looked at from day 1 and is the main thing I take into account. There is no way any other area gets enough activity to be split up, imo, besides the T cards. When I look down the page of each of those BST areas I look for the date on each thread. When I went to the T card section today there were only 2 new days represented from all of the threads. When I look at any other section there are at least 5 days represented (as when a thread was last posted in). I really don't want to make another section because there are so many but I make make an exception for the T206s. I don't see other areas I can do away with as they all get activity. The subdivisions of each area, while not perfect for every instance, are fairly representative of the way we collect. There has been quite a bit of thought given to our BST areas because they are so active. They are the most active part of the board. It's sort of funny when you look back 10 yrs ago and we had A thread on the front page for ALL BST transactions. We could always go back to that >

Leon,
What I'm suggesting is NOT adding anymore sections. I'm just suggesting changing the dates to say 1920 - 1947 and the other one to say 1948 - 1979, that way it's split correctly between prewar and postwar. If I'm reading your reply correctly, it seems to suggest that you are thinking I might mean to start new sections. That's just not the case.

Jimi
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi