View Single Post
Old 08-14-2023, 11:09 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I don't know if I've seen an uptick of season passes lately, but I have definitely noticed an almost automatic increase in assumptions and flowery descriptions when it comes to seeing them for sale.

While it is true that a season pass was good for any game that season, it isn't true that it was used to see every game that season.

Am I alone in thinking it's pretty presumptuous for an auction description to say something like "this 1941 season pass could have been used to see the final hit of DiMaggio's streak".
Yes, I have always thought that hyping them in that fashion is a stretch (or better yet, a leap of faith).

Without proper documentation, there is simply no way to determine which games were attended. The value should be based on the Season Pass itself (who owned it, its rarity, it's aesthetic attributes, etc.) But not on the presumption of which games may have been attended. That's just pure conjecture.

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos

Last edited by perezfan; 08-14-2023 at 11:10 AM.