View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 10:28 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by springpin View Post
Your book is terrific! It has a very invitational quality to it. I do not collect pennants, but after reading your book, I have a much better understanding of them. The hobby owes you a debt of gratitude. That is the good news. The bad news is you can now expect "experts" to emerge who state they could have "helped" you with your book. Aside from mis-attributed items, incorrect ratings of scarcity, and over-inflated prices for the obvious reason of increasing the value of your collection when you go to sell it, your book is OK. And the correspondence from these experts will contain enough typos to convince you of their legitimacy and authority.

Splendid book. Thanks for sharing your knowledge. Do you own all or most of the pennants in your book? If so, you have a magnificent collection.

Paul
Hi Paul, I appreciate the good news. As far as the bad news goes, I think I got help from true "experts" who have been collecting for many years and know what they are talking about. Of course you can always debate a price or how rare something is perceived to be. There were a couple of other "experts" who contributed a ton who do not post here so I didn't really want to post names but they are acknowledged in the book. I don't think I have to worry about being accused of doing it to increase the value of my collection because I don't really have one. I have more college pennants than baseball or football. I probably own less than 1% of what is in the book. The majority that I own are under 75.00. To me it is more of a reference guide. The prices are nice to have but they are always changing. Mike

Last edited by lefty147; 06-16-2013 at 10:30 AM.