View Single Post
Old 12-28-2011, 06:57 AM

Alright now. It's been 11 months since the last post in this thread and it's now time to bring back the Iron Horse! So let's see your Gehrig pick-ups from 2011. Even if you showed them in other threads. It doesn't matter... show them again!

An extremely scarce, high-grade Advertising Order Form for the 1940 Book "Lou Gehrig - Baseball's Iron Man" by Stan W. Carlson...

1940GehrigBookOrderFormWithOrigEnvelope2.jpg1940GehrigBookOrderFormWithOrigEnvelope1.jpg

And many thanks to Max (baseballart) for reassuring that it indeed is an original piece and for his tremendous knowledge and scan of the book that I will be on the hunt for in 2012.

BTW... Max was kind enough to send me a link to his remarkable Baseball Book Collection, and I was just floored by the vast amount of Books that have been written on the Grand Old Game over the last 120 or so years. And get this, the link Max sent me had only about 1/3 of his collection scanned for viewing at this time!

I hope Max doesn't mind if I share his link to his amazing Baseball Book Collection. I really had no idea of what was really out there. Take a look.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/basebal...7627662676073/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1940GehrigBookCover.jpg (74.3 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by thekingofclout; 12-28-2011 at 07:01 AM.