View Single Post
Old 05-04-2019, 06:21 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

This thread has some serious eye candy! Thanks for sharing them. There have been times when I saw cards in A holders and wanted to pull the trigger. Is it safe to say most collectors have them because 1. The card is in some way exceptionally rare or scarce and you were grateful to even find the A? 2. The card is, relative to your purchasing power, otherwise unobtainable? (this of course would vary for each collector) 3. For a given card, you would rather have an A card than something that is really creased up or in some way damaged? Sometimes I think if a card has been damaged by a collector years ago but the particular damage still merits a numeric grade, is that any worse than a collector over the years doing something to his card that merits it landing in an A holder? As long as there was no intent to deceive, I might not care, especially if it was a rare/expensive card that I otherwise couldn't have or otherwise couldn't have such a nice copy. Once it's in the A holder, everyone knows and the risk of deception is past.

Anyway, really neat stuff! I love seeing what you all have in your collections.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 05-04-2019 at 06:25 AM.