View Single Post
Old 12-20-2017, 11:15 AM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1880nonsports View Post
Billie Burke - she's interesting but still a couple bucks. Lillian Russell in this set is RARE and QUITE EXPENSIVE. Agree that Rhett's ballpark is a little ambitious. Rhett however knows a LOT about many things :-).
That is good to know about the Lillian Russell silks in that set. My comment was that not too many people around today will have ever heard of Lillian Russell or know who she is, which is absolutely true. Meanwhile, almost everyone, young and old, should know who Billie Burke is and have seen her on the screen performing. Plus, from what I've seen, the actress silks go for only a few bucks, at best, and I know that holds true for Billie Burke silks as well. I have never seen an actual Lillian Russell silk up for sale or auction though and thus, didn't have a clue as to how rare and valuable they are. Just out of curiosity, how valuable would you say a Lillian Russell silk is?

I'm also waiting to see if someone will admit they don't know who Billie Burke is (without Googling or searching online) and ask who she is!