View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:07 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Adam, I would argue they shouldn't be allowed to sell it at all, regardless of where you put the word "Reprint." These aren't reprints they are counterfeits, as are most of the cards being sold as reprints on ebay.

The other thing that would put an end to a lot of this crap is Topps coming down hard on ebay like companies such as Tiffany's, Cocah, and Michael Kors have. Try and list a counterfeit Coach Handbag some time, see how long your listing stays up.
I agree that most cards that are even labeled as reprints are technically counterfeit. Personally I don't mind "counterfeit" cards as long as the maker/seller has the word REPRINT or CUSTOM on the card. For me it changes the intent. Again for me the people that just make a copy are scammers and those that add Reprint and/or Custom are letting people own a copy of a card they could never afford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
This bothers me when I see these Sellers who sell reprints. I don't see any reason for someone to buy a reprint. I believe that most people who purchase these reprints are trying to sell them off as the real thing.
I have many sets of reprints, some of them I have gotten from very respected members of this forum. I will use my 52 Topps reprint set as an example. It is a set(real cards) I would never buy but I get great joy out of looking at them and reading the backs.

I know I am probably the exception. I gave the last couple real 52 Topps cards(beaters) I had to a fellow member as placeholders for the set he is working on. I have even traded REAL T205, T206, and T210 cards for reprints. I won't even get into my forged autograph collection.

I say collect whatever you like just don't scam people.