View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 12:08 AM

I think Josh's list is on the money and I agree completely with the Drum/Hindu debate. I have a handful of Drum backs in the T205 set but no Hindus. I think they are tougher and have been for a long time. I agree that finds of Drum backs have caused that back to slip below Hindu backs. Blank backed T205s are almost impossible to find.
The T 207 blank backs are a head scratcher. I remember a guy on ebay (maybe a 54 member, I can't remember), put a ton of blank backed T207s on ebay and the prices were extremely reasonable. This was about 4-5 years ago. I think a lot of collectors backed off because they might have felt they were cut from an advertising sheet (like most T206s) and the prices were more than those of the same cards with Recruit backs, but not all that much more. To my knowledge only cards found with Recruit backs have also been found with blank backs but I would defer to Tim Newcomb on that point.
I believe the prices for Napoleon backs are still a bargain as they are very tough. I have no clue anymore on the Anon/Broadleaf/Cycle backs as they are the toughest but although T207maniacs have their own choice for which is the toughest, Cycles seem to sell for the most at the present time because of their bright red Cycle backs. Please note there are 2 different factories with Anonymous backs- one factory is found only in the cards with the scarce Anon/Broadleaf/Cycle back but the other one is a real mystery as there are theories that every card in the T207 set, from Recruit backs to Anon/Broadleaf/Cycle backs can theoretically be found with that Anonymous back and that factory number. It is 1 am and I too tired and too lazy to check which factory number is which with the Anonymous backs but just go to either Tim N.'s or my articles in the VCBC magazines.