View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Default An Offshoot of First Amendment- The Freedom to Post

Posted By: Greg Theberge

Peter,

What in the world does the first ammendment have to do with posting on a baseball memorabilia forum?

Methinks the cry of our "first ammendment" rights is one that is much overused. In many cases, the interpretation of this right is often misinterpreted when one looks at the original intention of the ammendment as it was originally drafted. Our forefathers certainly did not intend it to allow all citizens to say whatever they want to under any circumstance without taking responsibility for their actions or words, especially if it was at the expense of others. For some reason, it has been seen as that over 200+ years of interpretation.

I don't believe a baseball memorabilia forum is the place to start dragging that subject up though...

What the heck am I talking about... Time to change the subject (and don't get me started on what the 2nd Ammendment was originally all about).

And no, I'm not an attorney, nor do I play one on T.V.

I love American history, in particular the American Revolution, and the founding of our country.

Anyway...

This site has always been very cordial and people have always been free (as well as encouraged) to post their favorite items and ask questions at their free will. I've never seen anyone stifled or ridiculed in posting anything that came across their minds so I have no idea why you bring up "first ammendment rights"

I saw where you got a little flak on the other side of the board. My sincerest recommendation would be to take it easy, my friend. You seem like a good guy and I mean that sincerely. But I would recommend that you may want to slow down a bit. Catch your breath. Don't make a mountain over a mole hill. Just join in a conversation. Post a question. But relax on charging up the hill that we should uphold the first ammendment.

This site has some great people who always have an interest in helping their fellow collectors out. I've met some really great people on here and even added to my collection through these guys.

I look forward to you posting some of your collection.

Probably none of this came out the way I wanted to say it, but what the heck, I have to watch Daitsuke pitch tonight and I'm sick over it

Best regards,
Greg