View Single Post
Old 04-05-2023, 08:30 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Anything with a portrait. D322 is great bc it’s literally the t206 pic, as is the W600 type 4. E103, E90-2, E104-2 (if you can find one), and the M116 sporting lifes (preferably blue).

Cracker Jacks are awesome, but it’s a later year, it’s a side pic ahd a terrible pic.

Wagner is most famous for his t206. Whatever most resembles that is what you should get.
This would be my take as well, 100%. Any example with the iconic Horner portrait will age well in your collection. People recognize the T206, and most of those will recognize the image on other issues. E90-2/E104-2 are great and as already mentioned the D322 is the closest to a T206 (same image direction, similar color). That said, the M116 would probably be the most doable in your price range. I also prefer blue, but the pastel is a great looking card too and a nice value.
M116 Hans Wagner Blue enhanced (2).jpg

If you're not married to his portrait, I love the E95 (and E94). You don't get a great shot of his face, but it's such a great image and so very identifiable as him. Also very doable in your price range.
E95 Honus Wagner (2).jpg