View Single Post
Old 02-15-2017, 08:20 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huysmans View Post
The problem with this David are the sellers who start with a ridiculous price to begin with.
I'm more a memorabilia guy, so if I see an item that I feel is worth say $500, but the seller has a list price of $1200... I'm supposed to offer close to that?? Nope. I'll make a fair offer on THE VALUE, not the ridiculous list price. If the seller is offended... So be it, but that's not my goal.

Brent
Lets remember that there is auction Market Value and there is BIN market value..

when you purchase something on BIN, you are assured of 'winning' the item and you dont have to worry about being outbid by 5 dollars on ebay. You also dont have to wait months-years for a card to be listed at an auction. The longer you think the card will ever be for sale at an auction the greater BIN market value over auction market value. Its a convenience fee.

Some buyers dont understand why the BIN is listed more than the card would go for with PWCC. Well the seller could of listed the card with PWCC as well for 'auction market value'

We are all searching for deals where the seller wins on saved seller auction fees and the buyer wins on saving buyers premium but sometimes that margin is just too small for the seller to put a price in that range..

Also sometimes you will see an auction on a card greatly exceed several BIN prices and than BANG, a minute later someone scoops up all the BIN cards such as hank aaron rookie a year ago or so