View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Default Money for T206 Honus Wagner of Cobb/Edwards

Posted By: MW

I posted this on the original thread back in 2006 but I think it bears repeating here:

I recall both of these individuals showing up in 1992 at a card show held at the Cincinnati Convention Center. The show was promoted by John O'Conner and the headline autograph guest was Billy Williams. The two guys sold us a fair condition 1965 Namath for $100 and also brought in some very low grade 1960s baseball cards and a stack of pretty ragged comics from the same time period.

Curiously, there was a dealer close to us who was selling a host of different reprinted cards including T206 Honus Wagners. One of the two guys purchased a reprinted T206 Wagner from this dealer and later brought it by and asked us what we thought it was worth. We told him nothing because it was a reprint. His response? "You just wait. This will really be worth something someday." He later returned with the card in a thick lucite screwdown. The implication was that they were going to attempt to sell it as an original.

Ray Edwards contributed the following rebuttal in Michael O'Keeffe's "The Card":

"That's bull****. I've never been to a card show. That is just more bull**** from those Network54 guys."