View Single Post
Old 01-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Banned

It is believed that the nude shower photos of Feller, Dimaggio, etc were taken by newspaper photographers with the intention of being "cropped" before publication, and somehow the original uncropped negatives surfaced (or more likely, were stolen) from newspaper archives or otherwise "found" after all these years. At that time/culture, there would be no fear on the player's end that the uncropped photos would ever be available to the public, in those pre-internet days. Such a thing would have been unthinkable actually given those times and the relationship of the all-male reporters and the players.

I'd bet anything there is a full-frontal nude Ruth out there somewhere, and its just a matter of time until one surfaces. Actually, I kind of think a full-frontal nude Gehrig might even be more likely, as he may have been photographed by doctors, researchers etc because of the disease, although if that is the case it would be even sadder if a photo like that leaked out.

BTW given the Babe's sense of humor, I could easily see him autographing a nude photo of himself. Gehrig prolly not so much.