View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 08:59 PM
T0dd M@rcum

I have been looking at that OHara. I probably won't pull the trigger on it...but I have thought about it enough to where I can't say I would blame you if you did. There's another at auction on ebay at $1650 that has tempted me more...It's a GIA2 but seems to have a lot more eye appeal but will set you back and extra $500.

I need about 8 to finish my set of 518, I already have the Demmitt, I think I can wait for the right Ohara to come along. The $400 I save will go a long way to helping me upgrade my bat off Cobb.

Plank has been the one I have always wanted but i have never been in a position in 40 years of collecting to make a serious play for one. Wagner is just out of the question and honestly, I just am not that big of a fan of the Magie...it seems WAY closer in scarcity to the Ohara/Demmitt that the Plank to me...I have consigned one and know of two others that have come out of the local area in the last 20 years...it could just be a function of the fact that I live in Piedmont land and Polar Bears don't come up in lots that have their origin locally very often (Old Mills are the nest most frequent). Of course there are a lot of guys more knowlegeable than I on this board.