View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004, 12:28 AM
Administrator

Default Crazycanuck: seller info

Posted By: dave

I was very fortunate that I made my purchases from him of close to $20,000 using a credit card. It was well over a year ago, and started with a 1933 opc set that I won on ebay, and then the story about a large deal coming up and that he would "presell" items to me at a very good price, goudey sets, other early hockey sets etc. I am sure that had I sent a check to this guy, if I ever got the money back it would have taken a long time.

This guy has more stories and lies than carter has liver pills, talked about mailing the product but bad weather and frozen roads prevented his guy from going, but odd, the local police said it was one of the nicer days they have had, and all roads were clear.
I received many emails from other less fortunate victims of this guy, and I believe I still have many of the incriminating emails that went between the two of us if they are required, I could take a look.

Anyway, good luck, and anyone reading this should remember the name, and avoid doing business with him. The other thing, and of course this is a whole other topic, ebay does not seem to care, I know that I contacted them at the time, and just business as usual.