View Single Post
Old 09-27-2003, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Default O.K. Fess up you Old Judge addict!!!!

Posted By: TBob

I thought your comment was pretty pithy- accusing me of putting a card on ebay which you deigned as a reprint, with the implication that therefore I somehow knowingly sold a fake card. I guess it doesn't make any difference that I have a 3000 feedback on ebay and a 100% rating. I guess it didn't make any difference that SCD authenticated the card, I guess it didn't make any difference that GAI said the card was authentic, just trimmed, I guess the seller who sold it to me, Rhys Yeakley a very stand-up guy, said he had submitted it to SGC and they said the card was authentic but trimmed, doesn't make any difference. I guess that doesn't matter because you obviously feel you know more than they do. You also didn't mention the fact that the card advertising on ebay clearly said that I didn't know anything about the origin of the card or its authenticity other than what the grading companies and the former owner told me. I consider myself to be 100% honest when it comes to cards, buying and selling, I think my reputation in the hobby would verify that.
I think you did succeeed in one thing though, your chatter about the card on this board both now and previously helped keep bidder interest and bidding down. You very nearly crossed the line on what ebay calls "bidder interference with auctions."
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, Jay, but you have no right to sanctimoniously question my integrity when you have never even seen the card in person, using the buy it now and then reniging instantly, never having even received the card to examine it in person. I have had a couple of emails from collectors who told me they were aware of a reprint set of Old Judges which was smaller in size but this card did not resemble those reprints.