View Single Post
Old 12-26-2021, 05:17 PM

I agree with that...any grading would be after more cost effective grading options return.

I tried to take a couple of pictures to show what I am describing, but they frankly arent very good. In the first picture you can see the "wavy" nature of the front surface in the area where the glare is reflecting.

They have not been subjected to adverse humidity or other negative environmental conditions. This 2015 Posey shows a bit of what I am seeing, but it seems worse the further back you go...I think the 2001 version is on even thicker stock and they seem to be "bowing" and almost "warping" a bit. The integrity of the actual stock is not compromised, but I can't imagine that it wouldn't affect the actual technical grade unless, like with rough-cut o-pee-chee cards, it is deemed "natural" for the issue.

I realize I am probably way overthinking this, particularly when there might be only a dozen cards worth enough even to grade...but my desire to have NrMt-Mt sets is compelling me to understand better
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Heritage example #1.jpg (45.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: jpg Heritage #2.jpg (45.0 KB, 61 views)