View Single Post
Old 02-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechanicalman View Post
If your comment was a response to mine, I think you miss my point. But that's my fault, not yours. I didn't provide the right context. My comment was not in reference to the OP's discovery. I didn't even pay much attention to the link, to be honest. My bigger point is that it seems like every third or fourth thread is about some sale of fake, reprint, or otherwise ridiculous cards on eBay to which most of this community would never give a second thought. I just feel like all these post have the potential to distract from the discussions of beautiful (real cards), pick-ups, history, collecting stories, deep hobby issues like shilling, etc. I just wish there was another section for eBay crap and rants. Unlikely to happen, I realize; just one person's opinion.
Even if we removed all three of your posts from this thread (yes, you came back twice after your initial visit), there would still be 39, meaning people are getting a little entertained by it. Also, you've spent 3 out of your 108 posts in this thread alone, which is over 2.5% I personally haven't spent that much time in this sort of thread and I just created one!

But I understand - I would love to have a personal coffee shop that only sold the one type of tea I like and Costa Rican French press, that allowed non-barking dogs but not babies and that you had to drop your cell-phone at the door, turn the volume off on your p.c. and you aren't allowed in at all if you are wearing musk cologne or perfume.