View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBailey View Post
Eventually anything can become vintage, and they might even be collectable because of the large supply and ease of putting them together. The issue will be value because no one's mother will be throwing out their cards. So the supply will always be there. But the older people get they could wind up collecting with their children and go back and get the cards they never had or used to have?
I think that alot of sentiement has to do with desireability. As time moves on we tend to forget about the chinks in the armor of the players in the past. Our children look up to us as we do to out fathers and grandfathers. I tell of a story of how my grandmother saw Babe Ruth play in a game in Yankee Stadium when she was a teenager and think how lucky she was yet when I tell of the story how my dad took me to see Nolan Ryan pitch my son can hardly believe how lucky I was. Part of collecting is holding on to something that is gone and I feel in time peple will look back at the 90's with some of the same sentament as we do the 50's and 60's and therefore cherish the Jeter or Giffey or who ever else they can now obtain.