View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 12:52 PM
Administrator

Default 1912 Boston Garter cards!

Posted By: Josh

Well, my interest in these cards have grown each year since I found a hoard of them in south central pennsylvania in December of 1997. I was a young teenager at the time but everyone knew that I was a big collector. I purchased the cards, but my grandfather had kept them for me because of the great value they had. When I was suppose to be 21 I was supposed to get them because ultimately, they were mine and he was just holding them for me. Well, I no longer have the 5 that I owned because he got someone to sell them around 1999-2000 on ebay for him. I didnt know of this until I turned 21 years old and asked him were my cards were. I fell out with my grandfather ever since. He had just passed away in April of this year and I am trying to find out where my 5 Boston Grters had gone and who currently have them. There is not a day that goes by that I dont hink of them because as a college student I could have sold one to help pay for student loans and whatnot. The 5 that I had were Nap Rucker with a small notch out of the side, Ed Walsh in prtty good shape, Frank Chance in decent shape, Christy Matthewson, with almost the entire left side on the back with paper loss like it was in a scrap book. The front was pretty good though, and then what I felt was the best conditioned one was the Walter Johnson. I should have taken pictures or something, but I did not excpect to never see them again. I'm sure I will never get them back without paying BIG BUCKS now adays but I will try until the day I diebecause they were the prize of my collection!
So if you guys know of where they are ot who has them, that would be great. I already heard about the Rucker and Johnson. Let me know if you guys have any more information. I do still collect them, so let me know if anyone has some they want to sell. Sorry you had to hear the sob story, but it has been bothering me for sometime.