View Single Post
Old 06-17-2019, 08:33 AM
Rich Klein

And I may be off the timeline by a few days but the lack of a forum was part of the "NEW" Beckett web site which was teased all during the 2008 National and other ways.

As noted, part of the "NEW" web site was the lack of a forum which was not brought over because it would not be a money making part of the web site.

The outcry was so loud that within a week there was a new forum added and it took another week or so for the forum to be easily accessible instead of having to have several steps to find said forum.

Needless to say, I bet you could find the details of that debacle in the archives of Net 54 as I was actively posting on both boards in those days.

Within a month, the then owners were forced by their bank (read lending institution) to see to Eli Research now known as Entrust and they have remained the owners since then. But the forum debacle might have been the final clue about the true dire straits of the previous owners (who had purchased the company from Dr. Beckett)

Just some more non-needed details about how the Beckett forum going away had nothing to do with negative comments.

Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 06-17-2019 at 08:34 AM.