View Single Post
Old 03-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Default Bonds exposed: Shadows details superstar slugger's steroid use

Posted By: DJ

The truth of the matter is the game's integrity is in place. The baseball that was played from the late eighties to the beginning of this century is not the same game that was played during Roger Maris' time. In every logical debate, there is that one person that is simply fights for the other side and looks for a good debate.

Sure there have always been in one form another a slight advantage to the sport, whether it be racism that disallowed baseball to introduce into the mainstream the amazing Josh Gibson or even the slight flutter of a spit ball. But steroids is no way a small way of cheating. It increased the power numbers of hundreds and hundreds of stars and in doing so, tarnished the stat books as it seemed liked everyone was trumping Roger Maris and here we have someone that the world suspects as being a cheat ready to hit the most home runs in the history of baseball. It's bad enough that he trumped Maris' single season record. Now he's about to trump the Bambino.

I know of a couple of players that have not been mentioned that took steroids. They were not very good players and basically hung on at the end of the career and were bit players. They got large raises. There home run totals doubled and were able to hang around the sport an extra couple years. If they can turn a five home run a year hitter into a twelve home run a year hitter, than something tells me that it can turn a fifty home run a year hitter into a seventy home run a year hitter.

Guilt doesn't come in admission and there's nothing worse than being lied to. Rafael Palmeiro doesn't even have a job. Sammy Sosa doesn't have a job. Bret Boone doesn't have a job.

The reason we "pick on" Bonds is because he is about to re-write history and did I miss something? Curt Schilling and Roger Clemens are on steroids? C'mon.

Bonds is a bad guy and he's hiding and everyone knows it. Sure he has a sweet swing and that's pretty, but the truth of the matter is that it insults his godfather, the Bambino and Hammering Hank by being included in that exclusive company.

DJ