View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 02:25 PM
R@y H0lmes

I already showed this ticket in the May pickups thread, but seeing how it's probably the best I'll ever stumble into within my collection focus, I'll post it here as well. Lately I've taken to assembling relevant visuals with a memorabilia piece and printing it to stick in a binder so I can put the original away. So here, along with the July 19, 1902 stub is a clipping from the NY World about the game, and two items (not mine) from Roger Bresnahan's scrapbooks. I'm fairly certain the group photo at bottom right was taken at the Polo Grounds on July 18, the day before McGraw, McGinnity, Bresnahan, McGann, and Cronin's first game as Giants. I don't know how McGann managed to get into a new uniform before the others, but there it is. If you look closely at the photos in the newspaper clippings, definitely taken at the PG, you'll see they are wearing the same uniforms as in the group photo.

The lineup on July 19 included McGraw as manager + playing shortstop, McGinnity pitching, Bresnahan catching, and McGann at 1B.

1902_July_19_ticket_etc_sm