View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 03:29 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

There were a lot of cards that I have always wanted and eventually got my hands on. Before I discuss the cards with you all, I want to say that all of this was possible because I still live at home with my parents. When you don't have to worry about paying the bills, then it's not that difficult to buy expensive sports cards.

As a kid I always wanted a high-end 1966-67 Topps Bobby Orr RC. When I started working in my early 20s, I saved up and purchased a beautiful example from BMW Sportscards. It was an SGC 6, but looked stunning. Many years later, when I ended up in debt, I decided to have some fun by cracking it out of the case and submitting it raw to BVG. It came back a 7.5. I ended up flipping it and paying off my debt.

Another special card that I eventually got my hands on, and still own, is the 1951 Parkhurst Gordie Howe RC in SGC 6.5. Now the centering isn't that great, and that's very common among this cards, but the corners are so sharp that I just had to trade for it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160129_182929.jpg (76.8 KB, 934 views)