View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012, 04:35 PM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

I think Ken Goldin has stated his objective clearly and with good intentions, and should be given a chance to promote his new venture. Any auction house that is willing to say "no house bidding" on the record is already starting off with more credibility in my book than many of the multimillion-dollar auction houses already out there that refuse to talk about it, but secretly engage in this deceitful practice. Some other points:

- The Scoreboard name has always held weight in autograph collecting circles, even long after the company folded. The company was legit with autographs. That says something about Goldin. Their certs were easy to photocopy or use to accompany non-Scoreboard merchandise with fraudulent sigs. That's an important distinction.

- Yes Don West used to over-hype worthless stuff you didn't need. So does ever other TV huckster or Bill Mays-esque pitchman trying to sell a glorified blender for $149.99 today. That's what they do. When I used to work the night shift years ago, I came to appreciate the great comedy and energy to be found in the Don West sports shows and the crazy banter with Goldin. I'm sure some people took it seriously and bought this stuff, but to me it was great late-night comedy and nothing more. It really is buyer beware and do your research with any Shop At Home program.

Just my humble opinion.