View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Wish you the best of luck finding someone to hang out with. If I was closer I would love to talk to you. With you history in the hobby you have to have some awesome stories to share.

From personal experience with my dad. I drove him 5 days a week for 6 weeks of chemo and/or radiation treatments to the closest hospital 50 miles away. The last 2 weeks he could hardly make it to the car before falling asleep. It took him close to a year to get back to kinda normal. He said the same thing about hating to do anything at first because after a few minutes of anything he was so tired he would just fall asleep in the middle of stuff. Now that it was a few years ago he says how the little things at first really helped him regain his strength. Without it he would have just laid around and taken much longer to get better. I wish you the best Mark.
Guys,

I cannot apologize profusely enough for essentially disappearing the last 2+ months.

When finally released from the hospital after 9 months, one of the first things I did was get back on this forum. I even won a small $25 auction for Babe Ruth sheet music.

Then, within 3 days of my "freedom", I was hit with something called "post-chemo/cancer therapy", which literally has made my health feel horribly worse than the previous 9 months. Bear in mind I was just informed last month by two UTSW doctors that I not only passed away on March 3rd, but also had three additional times they believed I was going to die.

While I love this site, I literally have not had the energy, health, etc. to get ON the site in 2 months. It took me over 3 weeks simply to send money for the auction, which is not at all typical of me (and again I apologize to the seller for that). I really can't explain to you all how it is even possible to not feel able to read a website you love.

But for whatever reason, God wants me alive right now and must have *something* planned for me! Yesterday was such an awful day, I prayed He would take me home if He wanted to.

Then today hit, and I seriously just woke up and felt incredibly wonderful. Not just "better", but absolutely the best "feeling" day of the year!

Now I am not going to pretend I was *perfected*. I know I have a long road ahead. But I cannot be thankful enough that God gave me this day. I pray tomorrow is a little like today. Regardless, I at least wanted to come back on here and let you know I am still alive somehow! I have not even looked at any other posts, etc.

I did also want to share a website I unintentionally discovered today. It was simply one of my dear friends, Rich Klein, writing an article about my life in this hobby and my "new" illness. I have not even been able to talk to Rich this year, yet he wrote this little piece, and it made me smile so much. He even somehow found two photos of my wife and I, plus another on his card show website of a close friend and I at Rich's booth. Thank you, Rich. Your love is amazing and has added an incredible amount of joy to my life.

I also wrote a response to his article if you want more ridiculous information on my year...

http://www.radicards.com/richs-rambl...-2017-national

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Recent transactions with: Leon, LukeLyon, wilkiebaby11, KC Doughboy, robbessette, JollyElm, jimmivintage, benderbroeth, JManos, Haybag, Northviewcats, Sean1125, Clydepepper, hangman62, simas7173, pencil1974, Nappy1525, T206Collector, h2oya311, 25801wv, sycks22, tolstoi, sebie43, JasonD08, Brian Van Horn, bcbgcbrcb, Lordstan, Frankbmd, jasonc, markf31, mybuddyinc, kailes2872, mintacular, campyfan39, Cat, Jcfowler6, sam9795, chaddurbin, 39special, vtgmsc, jdl7860, 4815162342, 71buc, Lgarza99, etc.