View Single Post
Old 02-22-2024, 10:50 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
After several years of collecting, I finally completed two additional framing projects that I have envisioned.

The 1st is the original 1999 Alvin, TX Nolan Ryan Day Proclamation that was posted at the event.
In 1999 Nolan Ryan, Alvin's favorite son, was inducted into the HOF in Cooperstown.

Troy Lewis, the acting Mayor of Alvin in 1999, gifted this Proclamation to a very close personal friend of mine, Ron Vender in Ontario, Canada.
At one time, Ron had one of the very best advanced Nolan Ryan collections in the hobby. I acquired it from Ron over 10 years ago when he changed his collecting focus to vintage hockey.
Go figure, he's in Canada!

The second project is focused on HOF Dizzy Dean and his brother Paul "Daffy" Dean that pitched a no-hitter in 1934.
The photo was purchased many years ago from net54 good guy Mike Knapp.
I loved the image from the first time I saw it and knew that eventually it would end up framed and on my wall.
The image was taken after Paul Dean's wedding in late 1934.

The final needed piece was a vintage fountain pen cut of the Dean brothers, which was recently offered on the BST by Moonlight Graham Joe.
Thanks Joe for allowing me to complete this project.
I hope you love it as much as I do.
Awesome Scott...

Beautiful framing/matting, and I've always loved that photo of the Dean Brothers with their spouses as well. Such a fun image, and so great that Mike made it available to you.

Tell us about the vintage glove that sits next to the Walter Johnson Southland Bronze. Would love to hear what it is, and any story behind it.

Great stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/@tsogreatness/videos