View Single Post
Old 06-25-2023, 02:25 PM
Jim Caravello

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
Hard to say when and where "photomatching" originated as part of the overall hobby, but it was a thing among game worn hockey collectors for a while before GUU was created. I'd venture to say that game worn hockey collecting community has been ahead of the rest of the game worn collecting communities in a number of ways.
Believe you are correct on GU hockey and photo matching - and GU hockey seems to just be on fire the last few years….vintage GU Jerseys sell for a premium and I am regularly contacted by dealers and collectors to see if I want to sell anything…..getting tougher and tougher to find the good vintage stuff..

Relative to GUU, I am honored to have been involved with Chris Cavalier, Mike Specht, Rob Steinmetz, etc when I was a contributing bat expert for GUU…we attended several Nationals together….we helped so many people in the GU arena and provided clarity to what was legit - what matched factory records - what an index bat was - what was considered game use - number attributes - player attributes….on and on and on…..

The major dealers, authenticators and auction houses could not slide junk through like they could before….not calling anyone out - just saying a lot of suspect items came up in auction where our analysis had many items pulled, or had the description changed because of our work…..very proud of that….

Miss the old GUU - glad to see the positive thoughts and comments here in this thread….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-25-2023 at 02:39 PM.