View Single Post
Old 10-06-2021, 06:12 PM
James M.

This might come off slightly biased at a Yankees fan but the fact that the Yankees are considered abject failures, because they don't win the World Series year in and year out is kind of ridiculous. Haven't had a losing season since the early 90's, have won 5 World Series trophies in the past 30 years. I have been able to see more than my fair share of Yankees success. While I wish this year turned out differently, and while I definitely have many gripes with how money is being allocated, and our current manager I can hardly complain about the results in my short lifetime.

I've been to many ballparks, I do not think our fans are remotely close to the worst in the sport. Philadelphia, and Sox fans can be brutal, but so can every fan base. Yes we have our obnoxious "27 Rings" group, but not everyone is like that and gross generalizations about the fan base aren't exactly accurate.

Cole has been a great pitcher for us. His metrics both this year and last year prove that. He's been battling a hamstring injury for the greater portion of the past month. These are not excuses, he didn't show up to an important game, and that's why we paid him the big bucks. But if I'm going to harass our best starter over the past two seasons for a couple of bad performances, than I'd just be ignorant. Good thing he will have the opportunity to prove himself next year. I did not think this team was healthy nor constructed in the right manner to win a World Series. I am hardly surprised by the results.

I cannot speak for the other teams. I have little interest outside of Baseball and Soccer though I suppose I support the New York Jets as well, but I'm not knowledgeable enough to tell you what exactly is wrong with them.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.