View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
Administrator

Default Who are the Three Most Knowledgeable Vintage Baseball Card Guys

Posted By: Trevor Hocking

Hi Rhys,

I think there are some of the board members on here who are very underestimated for there new found and some long time knowledge. I think when we think of who is most knowledgeable to us personally it really has to do with who we are in contact with. For instance, If I where to need the latest knowledge on Colgans I would probably give you an e-mail because guys like Fritsch and the old-time guys are done and really don't want to give out there old information, but on the other hand a person like yourself who is actively collecting the set and might have some new data would be the best and therefor most knowledgeable because you are currently researching that issues. so I have to disagree on the point that our members are unqualified as a lot of the new data and sets have been found by many of our board members. Yes if you asked 5 years ago who knows the most the list would be different just because the researchers and addicts weren't junkies yet. I don't mean to take away from the legends of our hobby but so much has been found in the last 5 years some of the greats would frankly be lost. Just my thoughts By the way I would put Kevin Struss up there with the best as he is still active and is an amazing connection between the old on new collectors.