View Single Post
Old 06-13-2021, 12:14 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Bob, that's quite an impressive list of sets. Here's my breakdown:

1) about 12 years. Like most I started with T206 but got bored so switched to focus on caramels instead.
2) probably around 200
3) again probably around 200
4) Most significant item I have is probably my E92 red croft group due to their rarity. Currently have 9 of the 18 that I know exist.
5) I don't have any complete sets, but close on a few: E93 (missing cobb), E92 Nadja (about 75% complete), E92 red croft (missing 3 that I know exist), and W554 (missing 3). I'm also very slowly working on diamond stars, E253, PC796/novelty cutlery, and T222.

Very nice Richard, and those red Croft's are fantastic. I especially like that your set includes a Dots Miller card with the way oversized glove. That is the exact Miller image that Pete Ullman previously mentioned he has a Miller card run of. That oversized glove image is so weird, it is super cool. Some of those oversized glove cards of Miller are exceedingly rare. And good luck in completing your E93 set and getting the Cobb. Right now Cobb cards are ridiculously high priced, making it tough and extremely expensive to complete any set where you still need a card of him. I got lucky and came across a crappy, but reasonably priced, E93 Cobb a while back that got me started on my own Standard Caramel set. Lot of truth to the advice for set collectors to always try and go after the big cards in a set first.

Last edited by BobC; 06-13-2021 at 11:14 PM.