View Single Post
Old 02-02-2017, 09:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Scott, I admire your tenacity. Keep at it, the hobby is better off when we try to make it better by doing different things and promoting it more, especially in a positive light. Good luck once again!! We'll be here for updates. Heck, I might have to actually travel again to do a show.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Well part of the benefit of teaming up is it doubles the promotional effort. If I was relying on the current crowd I would have to agree with you but we will put our marketing effort behind this as well now and hopefully bring in a whole new crowd. It won't happen overnight and I doubt we make a killing any time soon, but I think it's a strong marriage that will yield results.

As an example, at the show I promoted in the Poconos this fall, it did not go great. We only had about 60 paid admissions and 18 registered bidders. The auction was at the end of the show. So nearly one third of my admissions were there, in part, for the auction, how many would not have come at all if not for the auction?

Parsippany should yield even stronger results because it's two different companies both marketing their own area as opposed to one company trying to market two different things. I only had the same lists of people to hit over and over, I tried like mad to expand those lists, but you're limited. Now Joe and I start with two completely separate lists, we should hit a LOT more people.

Anyway, if you can't tell, I am passionate about this, but not blinded by that passion, I appreciate the thoughts and comments and it's always possible someone hits me with something I haven't thought about yet!