Thread: Jorge Marce
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Default Jorge Marce

Posted By: Jorge Marce

Hello board members, my name is Jorge Marce. Some of you know me as Rooky13. The reason that I am posting is to respond to recent post by Mr Christoff entitled Rooky13 and especially strong comments from the thread entitled Mike Plemmons. In the past I have seen some posts that have really gotten out of hand. Somebody has an opinion, somebody disagrees, somebody throws an insult, sides are taken, all hell breaks loose. And poor Leon. When I read some of these posts and some of the childish and hurtful remarks that follow, I always ask myself why? If I read a post that doesn't interest me, or if I find something insulting about it I go to the next one. This is a great chatroom, we have options. In this case, unfortunately for me, I have no choice, but to respond.
First about myself. I was hired by Mr S Delgado about two years ago for the purpose of assembling a major card collection. Putting together a collection of this magnitude takes up a lot of time, however my regular job is as a full time conductor for Florida East Coast railroad. I first spoke to Mr Christoff about a year ago. I told him I was interested in buying Negro League baseball cards for a client. Within a few weeks he had emailed me pictures and the corresponding prices of the cards that were available. I emailed Mr Christoff back asking for him to call me, I needed an explanation on why the prices that he was asking for these cards were so much higher than the ones in the Standard Catalog (price guide). After all Mr Christoff is one of the contributors to the price guide, I felt it would be hard to explain to Mr Delgado why he should pay x amount for a card, that Ryan suggests in the guide, to be worth much less. The next day I met with Mr Delgado but I had not heard back from Mr Christoff, I tried calling him several times but his wife said he was taking a nap. I never heard back from Ryan. A few months passed and I suggested to Mr Delgado to call Ryan, I felt maybe the two of them might have better chemistry and communicate better. Mr Delgado did and they seemed to hit it off. Since Mr Delgado doesn't use a computer I was used as the go between but only for the purposes of getting pictures to Mr Delgado. Ryan would email me what he had available and I would print it out and fax it or get it directly to Mr Delgado. Since Mr Delgado was now talking directly with Ryan on the phone, I was no longer used for the purpose of negotiation. Mr Delgado called me on the phone one day and said that Ryan was flying in to Miami, and set a date for the three of us to meet. Not until we sat at the restaurant did I have any idea of the deal that the two had made.

From that point on it has been a series of calls or emails from Ryan to me. Telling me that he owes money to a major auction house or that he can't reach Mr Delgado or that Mr Delgado promised him this or that. The only reason I am writing this post is to clear my name. Ryans' post was titled Rooky13 not S Delgado. Ryan, yes I work for Mr Delgado and I understand that his actions have a certain reflection on me. And my actions have a certain reflection on the man I represent. If your post said Rooky13 works for Mr Delgado a man who owes me money, and blah, I would have no problem with that. I would fax what you wrote about him to him and he could respond to it himself. I cannot tell you what is going thru Mr Delgados mind so I cannot speak for him. Since I dont know exactly what was said between you and him I wont defend him or condem him. I can understand somebody being angry if money is owed to him but that does not give that person the right to slander some innocent persons' name just because of association. Every time Ryan has called me, asking me to tell Mr Delgado something I've told him to put it in writing and I'll fax it to him. I have returned all of your calls or emails and have relayed all of your messages. Ryan please state more clearly what it is that I'm guilty of so that I can defend myself. I'm trying to compose myself and use my words carefully so as not to insult anybody, but instead to clarify to the board my point of view. I suggest you respond to this post quickly and choose your words carefully. I've had the great opportunity to have met a few of you at the national. I've purchased and overpaid for cards from others on this board. If someone else on this board has been mistreated by me please write in and clearly state your complaints. Gentlemen and Julie, I've gone thru a hurricaine today had to work to the wee hours of the morning at the railroad, but looking on the Network 54 website and finding my name being trashed, is the worst feeling of all.

Good Nite,