Thread: On the easel...
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014, 04:05 PM
Graig Kreindler

Hey all,

Hope this post finds everyone well and warm.

Things in New York have been pretty up and down in terms of the weather, and as a result, pretty much everyone I know has had some sort of cold over the past two weeks, myself included. As silly as a statement it may be, I absolutely hate being sick.

However, I have been able to get back to work over the past few days, which has made me much happier! I've got a lot of stuff going on right now (both on the easel and off), so I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed with the workload - my photographers are gonna be pretty darn busy over the next few months.

Here are some portrait scans I got back from them today:

Hank Greenberg, 1933, 16" x 20"

Fred Merkle, 1908, 11" x 14"

Bob Shawkey, 1926, 9" x 12"

George Case, July 11, 1939, 9" x 12"

I enjoyed painting them all, but I think I got a kick out of Merkle the most. I had always wanted to paint the man, and finding an image like that from 1908 (from Chicago, no less) was just what I was hoping for. What a face he had!

I have some more portraits going out in the next few weeks too, so they'll be more where they came from. Also, I have a couple of commissions from the board that I'm FINALLY getting photographed, so I'm sure Dean will be in touch with those fellas soon, too.

Anywho, hope you enjoy 'em. And feel free to comment/critique/share/whatever.

Graig