View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Default the thrill of the hunt?.....then what...

Posted By: leon

Very good ideas you have. I have one of each of the Obak years. I have not tried to collect all of the Zeenuts with coupons yet....my lone one is a 1916 Spider Baum in ex-mt condition w/coupon. I have a 1911 Zeenut (as we know "no" coupon) of Weaver and those are my 2 Zeenuts, so far. I would need to find Mark Mccrae's hiding place to complete that set...I have one of each of the colors of the '41 Goudey set with both HOF's. I haven't tackled the T210 series set yet but only have a lone example. I have all 3 of the major Coupon series but not any of the estoteric nuance ones yet (if there are nuance ones). I finally got the impossibly tough T216 Virginia Extra card about 3 weeks ago. Talk about a toughie, I would be interested in knowing how many ANY board member has seen of those in person. At the National ( I no longer say "Nationals" thanks to Julie) I could not find anyone that had seen more than about 1-2, in person, in their life....As far as the m101 backs my preference was to only have one of each type and not of each type with the "year" taken into consideration. I think there is still some valid skepticism about what year they were produced but regardless I just wanted to have one of each back type. For some reason I think Dooin is about the most prevelant player in ALL vintage card sets. That dude really got around. My Virginia Extra is even of him !! I am sure I will come up with another obscure "set" to collect soon. I still need about 50 or so to complete my true pre-war type set....and then only of items I collect. I can still branch out into Canadian issues, Cabinets, and pins, if I need something to do between blubber feasts....regards all.... BTW, on a side not the person that sent me the Everybody's card ( a very well known collector-dealer) just said to send whatever I thought it was worth for payment...I am sending an extra $50 for the kind gesture.....that is the way the hobby is supposed to be